Nelson Agriculture Academy FFA Chapter
Joining FFA is an awesome experience. You will meet other members who have similar agricultural interests as you do. Many of our members have developed lifelong friendships through FFA. You will be competing in great FFA contests and participating in awesome activities. Go to www.ffa.org for more information about what FFA has to offer. You wont be disappointed.
There is a REQUIRED survey you must fill if you PLAN to join. If you don’t fill the survey, it will be my understanding you do not want to be in the FFA chapter this year. See link for survey below.
• Go to the website to see the schedule of events we will be attending this year (See table below).
• By indicating (on survey) which competitions you are interested in, we will be able to determine which events you will need to attend (ex. NILE, Ag Expo, KMON, etc.)
• State and National FFA dues are $20 (May be subject to change).
• You will need to arrange travel to and from events. Talk with your parents and administrator regarding travel. If you ask, you can often ride with a nearby FFA chapter.
• You will need to provide funds for the events you attend. You may use personal funds or raise funds. This will be left up to you. Here are the approximate costs for events:
o District Leadership School – Travel + $8 to $10 for meals.
o Invitational Events (Generally Day Trips) – Travel + Registration (Usually around $10 to $20). A small fee for meals.
o Overnight State Level Events (Ag Expo, KMON, etc.) – Total cost approximately $200 (Includes Registration and Motel) Does not include meals.
o State FFA Convention – Total Cost approximately $250 – $300 (Includes Registration and Motel) Does not include meals.
o National FFA Convention (Varies due to travel costs) – Total Cost approximately $750 (Includes Registration, Travel and Registration) Does not include meals. Next Trip October of 2013.
• You will need to attend at least one state level event prior to attending a State or National FFA convention. BE Active! You will have a great time!
• You may want to purchase an FFA Jacket and Tie / Scarf. The cost is approximately $65. I do have a few jackets available to borrow, but if you plan to be active in FFA, you will want to order your own.
• Contact me with questions you may have
• Click here to enter Survey. Remember to do this if you want to join.
Montana FFA Association Calendar
|April 16-18||Initial Training – New Officer team||MSU – Bozeman|
|May 4||National Officer Candidate Selection||MSU – Bozeman|
|May 23||State Forestry CDE||Ronan|
|June 5-7||BLAST OFF||Bozeman|
|June 8||Executive Meeting||MSU – Bozeman|
|June 10-13||UpDate Conference||Billings|
|June 12||MAAE Awards Banquet||Billings|
|June 18-20||Montana Range Days||Deer Lodge|
|June 18-21||NLCSO||Cody, WY|
|July 5-7||Montana Agricultural Tour||Montana|
|July 23-28||SPC – Brady & Molly||Washington, D.C.|
|July 31 – August 1||State Fair FFA Judging||Great Falls|
|August 13-17||Commodity Tour||Great Falls – Portland|
|August 24||Foundation Golf Tournament||Bozeman – Bridger Creek|
|Sept. 10-14||District Leadership Schools – Blair, David, Lindsay, Kyle||Eastern Districts – Southern, SE, Eastern, & Big Muddy|
|Sept. 17-21||District Leadership Schools – Brady, Molly, Amy, Emily||Western Districts – Judith Basin, Glacier, Western, & Southwestern.|
|Sept. 25||Ruby Valley Invitational||Sheridan|
|October 24-27||National FFA Convention||Indianapolis|
|November 1||POA DUE||Bozeman|
|November 1||ROSTER Due||Online format only|
|November 15-17||John Deere Ag Expo||Billings|
|January 17-19||KMON contests||Cascade/Great Falls|
|January 26||Fergus Mechanics||Lewistown|
|February 1||MAAE Winter Meeting||Helena|
|February 10||FORM 2 – DUE||Bozeman|
|February 15||State FFA Degree App’s DUE||Bozeman|
|February 22||American Degree App’s DUE||Bozeman|
|February 22||Proficiency App’s DUE||Bozeman|
|February 22||State Officer App’s DUE||Bozeman|
|February 22||State Office NomCom App’s DUE||Bozeman|
|February 23||State Horse Judging CDE||Billings – RMC|
|March 1||National Chapter App’s DUE||Bozeman|
|March 1||JAAM CDE’s||Cascade|
|March 2||Conrad Seminar||Conrad|
|March 8||State Talent App’s DUE||Bozeman|
|March 8||State Scholarship App’s DUE||Bozeman|
|March 22||State Convention Registration DUE||Bozeman|
|April 3-6||State FFA Convention||Billings Holiday Inn|
|April 22-24||Envirothon – ENR CDE||Lewistown|
|April 19||Nat’l Officer NomCom Apps DUE||Bozeman|
|April 19||National Officer Applications DUE||Bozeman|
|May 3||Annual FFA Report DUE||Bozeman|
|May 3||National Officer Selection||Bozeman|
|June 4-6||BLAST OFF – State Officer Training||Bozeman|
|June 9-12||UpDate Conference|
|June 13-16||Alumni Leadership Camp||Highwood|
|June 17-19||Montana Range Days||Deer Lodge|
|June 17-20||NLCSO – State Officer Training||Cody, WY|